Updated 9 March, 2020
Quick Start 1.10 · Potential Issues
Certain capacities of Adobe Illustrator are not natively available in the SVG format.
In most cases there is a workaround.
Use browser search (cmd/ctrl-F) to find specific information on this page.
When an SVG is exported, the mesh is exported alongside as a PNG file.
This PNG file is not uploaded correctly by the Svija sync engine.
Workaround: save once as an SVG, then move the PNG file to the Links folder and use it to replace the mesh.
Keep the mesh on a non-printing layer for future use.
Multiple Font Weights on a Single Line
Because Safari does not scale text evenly with window size, multiple font weights on a single line will create the impression that there is either too much or not enough space between the words where the weight changes.
Workaround: text on a path does not suffer from this issue, and paragraphs can be made by continuing the text element from one line to the next.
Kerning & Tracking
Kerning and tracking values are ignored when an SVG is created.
Workaround: convert text to outlines.
The Save All as SVG script saves multiple artboards as a single SVG with the upper left corner defined by the 0,0 coordinates in the Illustrator document.
Workaround: manually save the document as an SVG, checking the box that says Use Artboards.
To continue learning: reference.
- Potential Issues
- Site Inaccessible via 4G
- Styles with Stroked Text not copied correctly
- “Can’t open the illustration” error in Illustrator
- Missing Gradient in Firefox
- Don’t use accents in image names
- Known Issues
- Microsoft & SVG
- OnLoad Does Not Work
- A masked image does not appear the first time a page is loaded
- Illustrator won’t save SVG file
- Safari screws up text spacing
- The Limits of Adobe Illustrator
- Potential Issues
- 16″ Macbook Pro
- Seeking Solutions
- Module is Missing From Page
- Page is Missing or Black
- Missing Image in Clipping Mask
- Scroll Trigger Not Working As Expected
- Alert “Text is converted to outline”
- Thin Line Visible at Bottom of Page
- General Information·
- Adobe illustrator
- Using alt-eyedropper tool to apply styles
- Setting New Document Defaults
- Don’t use the “All Caps” button
- Kerning must be set to Zero
- Desktop & Mobile Document Widths
- Shift-click to sample colors for a gradient
- Placed PDF’s may not contain placed bitmapped images
- SVG Decimal Places
- Don’t use _ in layer names
- Hidden Layers will be Hidden
- Don’t use transparency in gradients in placed Ai’s or PDF’s
- Pasted text does not retain paragraph style
- Non-printing Illustrator Layers
- How to use Hard Spaces in Adobe Illustrator
- Placed Illustrator files are embedded, not linked
- Illustrator Layers and SVG Object ID’s
- Installing Illustrator Scripts
- Mac shortcuts for AI scripts
- Potential Illustrator Issues
- Large Canvas in Illustrator
- SVG Shadows
- Illustrator Layers
- Unsupported Techniques & Workarounds·
- Tips & Tricks·
- Using Modules
- Font Management·
- Image Management·
- More about Links
- Using Display P3 color·
- Sending Email with Svija