To use Svija with a custom domain, there are three steps:
- ask Svija for the IP address of your website
- add that address via the control panel for your domain name
- contact Svija to confirm that step 2 has been completed
To request the IP address, send an email to email@example.com (an IP address looks like 18.104.22.168).
Once the steps below have been completed, send a second email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
Adding an IP address to your domain name
Connect to the control panel for your domain name. We’ll be using OVH as an example.
- navigate to the list of your domains
Make sure you see the domain name you want to use.
- click on the line labeled DNS zones in the image below
We’ll be modifying the A records (the 5th and 6th lines in the above image):
When you click Modify record, you’ll see the following form:
Update the field labeled “Target *” with the IP address supplied by Svija.
Click Next, then Confirm, and you’re done.
Send an email to email@example.com to let us know the domain is ready to be set up!