Log in to Svija Admin at yourwebsite.com/a
Fonts in Svija Admin
When you use a new font in Adobe Illustrator, it will be added to the Fonts section of Svija Admin the first time the page is visited:
When it is first added, you will see that GOOGLE FONT is unchecked and WOFF FILENAME is empty.
For the font to start working, click on it and either:
- check the Google Font* box, or
- place a WOFF version of the font in sync/Svija/Fonts/WOFF Files and
- enter the filename in the WOFF filename field
NEVER CHANGE “SVG NAME”: The SVG name is the CSS reference inside the SVG file.
N.B.: for WOFF files, the Family and WeightStyle field values are irrelevant.
*Support for Adobe Cloud Fonts coming soon.
Google fonts should work automatically, but it they don’t, there are two possible solutions:
1. Replace WeightStyle with a Number
It is sometimes necessary to replace the WeightStyle value with a number. Google often prefers numbers to weight names. Here are the most common equivalents:
- 100 · Thin
- 200 · Extra-Light
- 300 · Light
- 400 · Regular
- 500 · Medium
- 600 · Semi-Bold
- 700 · Bold
- 800 · Extra-Bold
- 900 · Black
If you want the font to be italic, just add it before or after the weight, separated by a space: 600 italic
2. Try different Capitalization and Spacing
Some font names have unusual capitalization or spacing. If a font is not working, it may be because the family name is missing a space or has an extra space. For example:
- try changing OpenSans to Open Sans
- try changing Ko Ho to KoHo
Fonts on Your Mac
Note: for purchased fonts, you may be required to buy a web version separately.
Follow these steps to use macOS fonts with Svija:
- locate the original macOS font
- create a WOFF version of the font at convertio.co
- download the WOFF file to Svija/Fonts/WOFF Files
- enter the WOFF filename in Svija Admin
For this example, let’s use Bradley Hand Bold font in the home page. First, we find the original font file by right-clicking it in FontBook and selecting Show in Finder.
Creating a WOFF Version of the Font
Go to convertio.co to make a WOFF version of the font:
- click Choose Files
- under “to” select Font › WOFF, then click Convert
- when the conversion is done, download the font into sync/Svija/Fonts/WOFF Files/
Keep a copy of the TTF or OTF version in sync/Svija/Fonts — it’s helpful for your collaborators, and automatic font conversion is coming soon 😉
Enter the WOFF Filename in Svija Admin
To finish the process we just need to copy the name of the WOFF file to Svija Admin :
- in the Finder, copy the name of the converted font (BradleyHandITCTT-Bold.woff)
- in the Svija Admin font list, click on BradleyHandITCTT-Bold to open the settings page
- paste it the WOFF name, replacing SOURCE NEEDED:
After you’ve clicked SAVE, the page should work.
Pages in this section: